unhappy

Can an employer force you to take a medical leave if doctor wrote letter saying you could work?

It depends on many things.
An employer could simply terminate any employee at anytime without explanation, except, GET!

Can an employer force you to take a medical leave if doctor wrote letter saying you could work?

I'm not sure why your employer would tell you to take medical leave if your doctor says you can work. We don't have enough details here - could depend on medical condition, what your job entails etc.

You're going to have to give us a lot more information before anyone can answer your question. As it stands, the answer is Maybe.

If your Dr. put limitation son your work they do not always have to accommodate those restrictions. You need to provide more info

I was sent to Human Resource office after giving my former employer a letter from doctor saying I could not physically restraint clients or lift over 20 pounds because I'm pregnant she never said i couldn't work my job was a at juvenile detention center also another pregnant person worked the same unit as me but was allowed to work

I was sent to Human Resource office after giving my former employer a letter from doctor saying I could not physically restraint clients or lift over 20 pounds because I'm pregnant she never said i couldn't work my job was a at juvenile detention center also another pregnant person worked the same unit as me but was allowed to work

The problem, as I see it WITHOUT reading the entire letter your physician wrote for you, is that in a correctional/confinement facility being unable to restrain residents/inmates/clients could place you in danger, as well as jeopardize the safety of staff and residents/inmates.

In addition, the weight lifting restriction would probably limit you from wearing any protective gear, loving, lifting etc... equipment and restrict you from conducting checks for contraband, which could jeopardize facility security.

Its never wise to use the "Sam, Bob, Susie, or Jill was allowed to do it" defense.
You have no idea why others were allowed to remain, while you do know why you were not allowed to perform.

The physician's letter effectively said according to medical advice you could do no mor ethan sit in a control ( other such location) all day.

I suspect in confinement facilities, there are no true safe zones if something were ever to "jump off".

All of that aside, I'm sure you want to deliver a healthy, happy, living baby when the time arrives.

Now you'll be able to focus on your health and that of the baby.

The problem, as I see it WITHOUT reading the entire letter your physician wrote for you, is that in a correctional/confinement facility being unable to restrain residents/inmates/clients could place you in danger, as well as jeopardize the safety of staff and residents/inmates.

In addition, the weight lifting restriction would probably limit you from wearing any protective gear, loving, lifting etc... equipment and restrict you from conducting checks for contraband, which could jeopardize facility security.

Its never wise to use the "Sam, Bob, Susie, or Jill was allowed to do it" defense.
You have no idea why others were allowed to remain, while you do know why you were not allowed to perform.

The physician's letter effectively said according to medical advice you could do no mor ethan sit in a control ( other such location) all day.

I suspect in confinement facilities, there are no true safe zones if something were ever to "jump off".

All of that aside, I'm sure you want to deliver a healthy, happy, living baby when the time arrives.

Now you'll be able to focus on your health and that of the baby.
Thanks for giving me a better insight

Thanks for giving me a better insight

You're welcome, just get ready to deliver a healthy baby.
We rarely understand why something happens to us, and often take it as a bad thing.
I've found if we wait, it might just be the best thing that ever happened to us.

Back