Type of agreement needed

MsSweetP

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
My parents purchased a new car for me in their names with a verbal agreement with me to make all payments and provide insurance and upkeep. What type of legal document do we need to put in place so we have something in writing that the payments, insurance and upkeep are my responsibility in return for using the car.

My parents purchased a new car for me in their names with a verbal agreement with me to make all payments and provide insurance and upkeep. What type of legal document do we need to put in place so we have something in writing that the payments, insurance and upkeep are my responsibility in return for using the car.
if you're honorable, and you parents are honorable, what would any document accomplish?

Answer: NOTHING NOW

If documentation worried you, it should have been created BEFORE they bought the car.

Besides, documents don't protect lenders.

Your parents own the car.
The title is in their names.
You keep your word, they'll sign it over to you.

if you're honorable, and you parents are honorable, what would any document accomplish?

Answer: NOTHING NOW

If documentation worried you, it should have been created BEFORE they bought the car.

Besides, documents don't protect lenders.

Your parents own the car.
The title is in their names.
You keep your word, they'll sign it over to you.
Thanks, but it has nothing to do with honor. I need to show proof that it is my debt to repay.

Thanks, but it has nothing to do with honor. I need to show proof that it is my debt to repay.

Well, you can create a promissory note.
There are many examples available all over the internet by searching "promissory note samples".

It isn't worth the paper it's printed on, but if you want to put I owe you $45,000, you're free to do so.

Back