Tickets issued after accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandeast

Car was driving on quiet winding country road. Tire had a blow-out and car ran off side of the road and down the side and flipped over. No witnesses observed actual accident. Police arrived on scene at some later point. Officer issued two summons to driver. One for speeding and one for driving on wrong side of the road.

While there was no speeding, the car did end up flipped over off the side of the road facing opposite traffic. At this point the driver faces the prospect of 9 points on his license and all the joy that comes with that.

How can an officer issue a ticket for speeding when it was not observed? Additionally, while the car ended up on the wrong SIDE of the road, it was not actually seen ON the road. How does one go about fighting such a ticket?

Wreck/DWI

My wife was borrowing her Step-Father's truck.A deer ran out in front of her,she swerved,over-corrected,flipped,the truck and totaled it.She had drank a beer or two,and the State Trooper (N.C) couldn't wait to give her a breatalyzer.She blew .12. .08 is legally drunk in N.C..
My question..Is HER insurance going to go up,or is his because of the Ticket?
GreggNC

What a JERK

grandeast said:
Car was driving on quiet winding country road. Tire had a blow-out and car ran off side of the road and down the side and flipped over. No witnesses observed actual accident. Police arrived on scene at some later point. Officer issued two summons to driver. One for speeding and one for driving on wrong side of the road.

While there was no speeding, the car did end up flipped over off the side of the road facing opposite traffic. At this point the driver faces the prospect of 9 points on his license and all the joy that comes with that.

How can an officer issue a ticket for speeding when it was not observed? Additionally, while the car ended up on the wrong SIDE of the road, it was not actually seen ON the road. How does one go about fighting such a ticket?

GE,
Boy does it sound like this GUNG HO SOB was just DYING to do a little paperwork.You've said it all!If a lawyer takes this before a Judge,common sense will make him just shake his head,and throw the tickets out.
What state do you live in?Was it a State Trooper,Deputy Sherriff.(Sounds like a N.C. Trooper...they do NOT give breaks to ANYONE!)
You sort of wrote it in a third person scenerio like.....supposed this was to happen out in the country to someone.
I don't think the officer has a leg to stand on.What he THINKS might have happened don't mean shit in a courtroom. GreggNC

I would also be intrested in the State that the citation was issued. The speeding ticket I would find hard for the officer to prove unless he was running radar/laser at the moment of the accident and witnessed the whole thing or he measured the skid distance to obtain the speed.

Driving on the wrong side of the road would even be hard for the officer to toestify to unless he observed physical evidence showing that the vehicle infact drove on the wrong side of the road (skid marks from the right to left, debris from the vehicle in both lanes indicating the vehicle went on the wrong side of the road.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back