Consumer Law, Warranties They sold everything I owned by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard_Ferro

I'm not sure how to do this but I'll do my best.
The last huricane destroyed my home ,the roof was ripped off. Everything I owned was put into storage until I could find a home that I could afford .I am disabled and live on my social security check. My storage container was auctioned by mistake in January.The company called me and said that they knew the person that bought it and that they would try to get it back.They got most of it back ,with the exception of one van full of things.In April they called to ask me if we could come to an agreement to have my things removed from storagre.We came to an agreement to have my things removed before the next billing perod I explained that I would have to rent a truck and someone to help move everything to my home .We agreed that I would be given until the next billing period .That would be the 6th of May .So I borrowed the money to pay my bill on the 27 of April .When I called I spoke to the area manager and she said that I could mail the payment to her office ,but I was concerned that it might be late or get lost in the mail ,and that I would get a ride to the warehouse and pay in person.The following morning I went to the storage facility ,to pay my bill .The office manager told me that my container had been sold over a week ago at auction.I have tried to talk to the people at PODS but they refused to discuss it with me. I have since learned that all phone calls in and out of PODS are recorded .Can I get a copy of those phone calls?They make it very clear that I was talking to the area manager before and after they sold everything I owned including all of my personal belongings even my socks and underware are gone .I know live in an apartment without any furniture or pots and pans no dishes ,not even plates ,no pictures on my walls. As I said I live on a very limited amount of money .I get less than my rent Until recently I had a roomate that helped but she is now hospitalized .Where do I go from here? any help would greatly appreciated. Thank you Richard Ferro

Richard....
What was their reason for selling your property. Did they contact you and explain that they were going to do this.....Ask them if they understand the 13th ammendment to the conststitution concerning DUE PROCESS OF LAW. They took your property, and sold it at auction and denied you your right to due process of law. Consult an attorney.......

Good luck to you

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back