Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Theft of My Financial Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

secretname123

In May 2009, my divorce was finalized. In the course of the divorce, I discovered that my ex, an attorney, stole every one of my financial documents from our apartment (all mail addressed solely to me, some still sealed), when he left the home in Sept 2008, which was one month after our date of legal separation. Included were document preceding our marriage.
Our most recent legal entanglement was last Thursday, and when confronted about this he objected to the use of the word "stole," but he acknowledges that he took them all without my permission, that he has divulged the contents to his family and friends and my family and friends, and refuses to return them.
What course of action is appropriate here? Should I file a police report, consult an attorney, something else? I have no idea what to do here.

Well I would defiantly contact an attorney and see what they say but if he acknowledges that he took them without your permission then it is a form of theft which you could also contact the police but I would do the Attorney first and see what they wanna do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back