Theft by deception ?

Dave W

Jurisdiction
Oregon
There are three siblings, one is made executor. One sibling and executor modify the will and thru deception I.E. character assassination get the document signed leaving sibling three without. Does sibling three have any recourse.

Your post does not make any sense. The only way to modify the will is for the subject of the will to alter it. Are you saying that two family members illegally doctored the will itself? Or that they convinced the relative to change the will such that one sibling is no longer to inherit? The latter is legal so long as the originator of the will was of sound mind at the time the will was altered.

One sibling and executor modify the will and thru deception I.E. character assassination get the document signed leaving sibling three without. Does sibling three have any recourse.

I'm guessing that ElleMD's second scenario is more likely.

If that's what happened then sibling three has the option of contesting the will based on duress or mental incompetence (assuming that the testator is dead and the will is being probated).

Sibling three will need a great deal of money to pay a lawyer for the litigation that will ensue.

If two of the three somehow colluded and conspired to acquire all the stuff the deaceased left, that stuff is used up, sold, hidden, or safely tucked away to keep ANYONE from finding it.

It's extremely unlikely that even if number three were to hire a smart, tough lawyer to bring a lawsuit against the two colluders that there would be anything left for anyone to recover.

Shysters, slicksters, crooks are very devious, and move rather quickly.

As the old song song goes:

For females:
For males:

When you've been outfoxed, outplayed, and outsmarted all you can do is salute your opponent smartly and walk away!

Back