The Crime of Perjury

Albert7111

Jurisdiction
California
I want to know why a thread I just opened on Tuesday was closed? Do you allow discussions here or not? How do you expect people to find resolutions to concerns, when you exert so much control?

It was stated: " you've already been told that statements made in court are protected from defamation lawsuits"

If anyone said that, they are absolutely wrong. Perjury is a criminal offense, punishable by a fine or imprisonment. I have already spoken with lawyers about this, and I am well aware of the law on this matter. The incident occurred in Massachusetts. Their law states:

"Whoever commits perjury on the trial of an indictment for a capital crime shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for life or for any term of years, and whoever commits perjury in any other case shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than twenty years or by a fine of not more."

I want to know why a thread I just opened on Tuesday was closed?

For one thing, the reason your other thread was closed is because you were given legal information that you couldn't accept so you kept repeating the same, or similar, argument.

For another, yes, perjury is a crime, but your thread was a discussion of slander/defamation. Nothing was said about perjury.

I am well aware of the law on this matter.

Then why have you returned?

It was stated: " you've already been told that statements made in court are protected from defamation lawsuits"

If anyone said that, they are absolutely wrong. Perjury is a criminal offense, punishable by a fine or imprisonment.

Well, let's start here. Perjury and defamation are NOT the same thing. One cannot successfully sue a court witness on a claim of defamation for testimony given in that court. But if the witness commits perjury, the state may bring criminal charges for that. Part of understanding the law is understanding what legal terms like defamation and perjury mean and how they differ. If you take the time to learn the meanings of the words you encounter in reading about the law, you'll understand what you read a whole lot better. And that applies to anyone; I'm not singling you out as somehow different from most of other Americans.

Arguing the same poing over and over again is, well, pointless and one reason why the mods will close a thread.

Last edited:
Do you allow discussions here or not?

No, actually. The purpose of this board is for general legal information. It is not a discussion board, a referral service, or a substitute for a local attorney. If you are looking for specific advice, you need to hire one. We can't act as one for you. Nor are we here for you to spout your theories to.

I want to know why a thread I just opened on Tuesday was closed?

Why, obviously the thread closer possessed the ability to close your thread, just as I possess the ability to close this thread, but I'm choosing to restrain myself from doing so.

Do you allow discussions here or not?

Discussions, depending upon the subject and nature of a particular "discussion", usually not.

This forum allows civil discussions, not debates.

In fact, the participants and/or responders very often receive verbal abuse from the posters because some of the participants seek only responses that buttress or feed into their sullen dispositions, unappreciative and rabid human nature.

Here's an example, you appear and demand to be given a reason as WHY a thread was closed.

Obviously because a moderator chose to close it.

If you are served food you find inedible, distasteful, and causes you gastric disturbances, you'd cease patronizing that eatery.

Here's a thought, make yourself happy, again.

You're free to disappear yourself, aren't you?

I wish you a very pleasant, satisfying day, for each and every day you continue to live.

Back