Terminated rights. Want them back in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopeydad

5 years ago I terminated my rights to my son. For the past 3 years I have still paid CS and put him on my insurance even though I didn't have to. We see each other all the time and now that I found out my current girlfriend(and mother of said child) was cheating on me she served me with a protective order. Do I even have a chance?

If your rights were actually terminated, he's no longer your son.

If you simply signed over custody however you can perhaps file in court to modify.

So...which was it?

I terminated my rights. I was a drunk and as a matter of fact signed the papers drunk, had them notarized drunk, and gave to the clerk drunk

Was it part of a stepparent adoption?

WHAT did you actually sign?

The reason I'm asking for clarification is because you cannot simply file a form with the court and bingo, your parental rights are terminated.

That's not how it happens....so if you can, help us help you :)

It still isn't making much sense, but if you have indeed had your parental rights terminated, you no longer have a son.

You have no standing to do anything at all. You have been gifting your ex with child support, but that's about it.

It still isn't making much sense, but if you have indeed had your parental rights terminated, you no longer have a son.

You have no standing to do anything at all. You have been gifting your ex with child support, but that's about it.

Well, and the fraud of claiming a child on his insurance that isn't his.

If you were drunk it may also negate whatever you signed. Though proving you were drunk may be an issue. If this was during a divorce, you may have signed allowing the step father to adopt at some point. I would get an attorney to look into your particulars. Otherwise i would say No you have no chance.

You need to take your paperwork to an attorney. Normally when you legally terminate your rights you do not owe any future suppoort nor should you be provifing insurance. If you terminated rights then you should apply to stop paying support. However it is VERY unusual to terminate rights when the child was not adopted by someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back