Tenant rights when comes to water and sewage bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

amack2

Hello i,m a tenant in apartment complex that has the tenants repsonsible for the water and sewage. Due to the high cost of the bills which i justed started to receive. I have asked for information from the property management and billing company itself to clarify why that cost are so high. I have already received a notice to evict for failure to pay rent from my property management for the water and sewage bills that were never sent to me but to my property management. My questions is don't i have the right to question how, what process is used to determine the bill, get a year worth of billing of the apartment and all apartments in my complex for a average from the billing company and property management and others questions if i need answers ???

You can ask for billing information.
But, you can't withhold your rent because the landlord won't supply you with the billing information.

I suggest you read your lease.
Your lease should speak clearly about tenants agreeing to pay utilities. The lease should explain how those utilities are assessed.

What you shouldn't do is withhold rent. Withholding rent will always get a tenant into legal trouble.

You could have a point about the utilities being excessive.
You'll never win that point by withholding rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back