Sued for Stop Pay/Responsible for Co's error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRGreen

Are customers responsible for payment of repairs to parts damaged by the company's "repairman"?

This is a very basic question, but the situation is complicated. I stopped payment on a check due to the inability to communicate with the company after a supposed repairman damaged my dryer in the process of repairing it and charged me for those parts in order to make it work.

I was willing to pay for the original part necessary, not the one damaged by their employee. They have refused to talk to me at all.

Thank you,
Susan

Withholding the check was not such a bad idea if you are very sure that he damaged the dryer and left you with parts. What I would do is estimate the amount to repair the damage and send another check to the company, certified mail, with the difference and a letter explaining all of this. This way it would be difficult for them to push forward with any lawsuit as well.

Thank you for your response. I did try to deal with the company after feeling taken, but when calling the numbers originally called to make the appt I'm told they don't know anything about this company.

Plus, after having my landlord's electrician out for different matter, I asked his opinion. On his on time, he took a look at my dryer and told me that the "parts" that were supposedly damaged by the 1st guy and replaced at double the cost don't exist! Now what? Should I countersue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back