subsidized adoption or custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

vepperly

My wife and I have been given temporary custody of my wife's brother's two children (ages 3 & 5). Final custody hearing will be in January. We are not sure we can afford to permanantly support two additonal mouths and all of the costs associated with the medical issues they have. Someone told us about subsidized adoption. It to my understanding that with the subsidized adoption we can receive payments to help support the children. I know the children can enter the foster care system and then probably be placed back with us but that comes along with alot of government supervision and control and even possible supervised Can someone let me know what all of my options are and what the benefits of each are?

Loss of custody does not eliminate the children's parents support obligation. You can pursue child support. In addition, your family might qualify for additional services from the state for those with low incomes. Check with the department of children's services in your area to see what options are available to you, they are in the best position to provide you with answers.

There is also TANF (temp assistance for needy families). Not everyone will tell you about it. When you apply, put down "child only" and it will not count your incomes, just the childrens', which is none. If you get this kind of assistance they will go after the parents to reimburse them. You can, as stated, apply for child support, but it's not a guarantee that you'll get it every month. You would get one or the other. You should be able to get Medicaid for them too.

I would NOT let them go into the foster system if I were you.

Check out http://KINshipInformationNetworkInc.aimoo.com for great advice and support.
The kids are lucky to have you.

I'm a grandfather and we need help to fight Ohio CPS and stop our only grandkids to get Adopted out of the family. I don't have any money to get an attorney, is their any type of program that can help financially?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back