Stupid Ex Harassing With Police At Visitation Changes

F

Fed Up

Jurisdiction
Michigan
My ex wife and I settled our parenting plan in mediation in July and it was signed by a judge in August. Since then I have had the local law enforcement called on me 3 times. First time was after I left from dropping my daughter off and my ex decided to start yelling at me, then told the cops I was going to come back and kidnap my kids, so she called again the next morning to have one waiting for me when I arrived to pick up my son. The third time was today and I've had enough. My fiancé, who has been present and he met both my ex wife and my ex wife's mother, as well as my children each month when they visit me, brought my son and daughter to my ex wife to return my daughter and allow my son to nurse before continuing the rest of his visit with me. Keep in mind, my ex wife dropped both my children off to my fiancé this morning at 10am and didn't say a word about me not being present. My fiancé and I decided this arrangement would work best as she has never had any issues with my ex wife. But this time my ex wife and her little friend decided to call the police and spin some story that I wasn't there because we had too many kids for the car seats present in the car (false) and that my ex wife didn't even know my fiancé (also false), all the while refusing to return my son until I was present. There is nothing in the court documents regarding who can and cannot pick up or drop off the children, and 99% of the time, my ex wife doesn't even show up for the exchange of parenting time. What can I do to make her stop calling the cops and be an adult? Because I'm honestly at my wits end and sick of her crap.

I just registered and have a different user name, but the divorce is in TN, the parenting time exchanges take place in Indiana and Michigan, with Michigan being the state the police have been called in.

I just registered and have a different user name, but the divorce is in TN, the parenting time exchanges take place in Indiana and Michigan, with Michigan being the state the police have been called in.

Do what thousands of others do, mate, exchange the child in the lobby of a police station, sheriff's office, courthouse, social services agency, library, coffee house, or other public place with video cameras.

I recommend a law enforcement building, but you're free to choose what works for you.

Do what thousands of others do, mate, exchange the child in the lobby of a police station, sheriff's office, courthouse, social services agency, library, coffee house, or other public place with video cameras.

I recommend a law enforcement building, but you're free to choose what works for you.

The last time she called was because I wasn't physically present. Then lied and said she didn't know my fiancé who was picking up my son for me. With nothing in the court papers regarding who picks up or drop a off the children, does she even have grounds to refuse to give my children to someone who I may need to pick up my children?

Sure. Would you really want her to just hand the kiddos over to any random person who shows up? Sounds like time to revisit the custody agreement and spell out when, where , and by whom the children are to be exchanged.

This is the kind of shit judges hate - parents who can't agree and get along for the sake of the children.

Why didn't you guys work this out in mediation on who would pick up the kids and drop them off? You know your ex wife better than us - is this something that should have probably been put in writing?

You can take her back to court but judges get pretty irritated when parents can't do simple shit like this.

I didn't think it would be an issue because she hardly ever shows up herself. The chancery court system in my state sucks for custody, and I got screwed over with the first lawyer I had. So I didn't think it would be a problem after my second lawyer and our mediation. I don't want to go back to court over it, I just don't know how to get through to her to quit acting childish and be an adult and get over her issues with me to make things easier for the kids...

does she even have grounds to refuse to give my children to someone who I may need to pick up my children?

What difference does it make. She's obviously a lunatic and doesn't need to justify being one.

If you want to avoid this kind of crap in the future I suggest you stop sending your fiancé to pick up or deliver the kids and handle that yourself.

It's your visitation, not your fiancé's visitation. Your ex has no obligation to hand the kids over to her.

"I just don't know how to get through to her to quit acting childish and be an adult and get over her issues with me to make things easier for the kids" We all wish we knew how to accomplish that.

Back