Stuck with an unfair bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenAndTonic

A year and a half ago the man I was dating got drunk and physically abused me and held me captive in my apartment. I called the police and the next and last time I saw or spoke to him was in court. Like I said, this was over a year ago. Recently I got a phone call about some video games rented on my account that were late. I had not rented those games but quickly realized that his name must have still been listed under the people given permission to use my account. Sure enough, when the manager reviewed the tape of that day, this man had rented the games. The charges were $141. I gave them his last known number, not wanting at all to contact him myself, but it had been disconnected. Now it has been turned over to a collection agency. This is a bad man with a criminal record a mile long. I'm a good girl with no criminal record or trouble of any kind. I am also still a student with limited funds. Even if I could afford to pay this off, I would have big issues about doing so since I didn't rent those games in the first place. What are my options? Am I doomed to paying this bill? Will other avenues be even more expensive? Please help.

What are my options?
Paying the bill.

Am I doomed to paying this bill?
Yes, and the answer was provided by you "...quickly realized that his name must have still been listed under the people given permission to use my account..."

Will other avenues be even more expensive?
Unless you want this person to comeback into your life and terrorize you because of a $141 dollar bill, I would just pay it and move on. Piece of mind is...PRICELESS!!!

Good luck to you!

Wow, thanks for the sensitivity. What makes me the maddest is that this jerk gets away with every bad thing he does, like sticking me with a bill that I can't afford. The last thing on my mind when everything went down was my stupid Blockbuster account. I'm glad that you have it good enough that $141 is nothing to you but it is a lot to me. I was an idiot, yes, but why am I still paying for what this man did to me? It is just not right.

Sorry for what you're going through, but at least it's only a $141 lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back