Stop payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvpurple

We had carpet installed in our house yesterday. A crew of 3 men did the work and then boss and person I'd set the appointment with showed up at the end to collect payment. We have now discovered that my husband's mp3 player is missing off his dresser along with the USB cord & direct line to a CD player. All this confirms to us that it's not been misplaced, but taken by someone who knew the parts they needed. Can I stop payment on the check to the boss for the install? What info do I collect from him about his crew in order to file a police report?

You should not put a stop payment on the installers check unless there is a problem with the installation, but I would file a police report for the stolen goods.

Contact the police to report the stolen MP3 player and then put in call to the company that installed the carpet. Let them know it came up missing right after the carpet was installed. Do not stop payment on the check.

No don't stop payment but notify the carpet company notify the police ;but even more important the insurance company ,who has their own investigators that are more motivated than the police to get to the bottom of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back