Sold Car...need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0ggwrath

I live in florida

A good friend of mine was selling a car he had for a little while. He had got behind on rent and some other stuff so he offered to sell me the car for 800 dollars which was good the car was worth 2000-2500. So I did it and planned to flip it for a quick profit. I had the car for about a week and he called me up and said his girlfriends car had broke down to the point of it not being worth fixing. He wanted to know if I would sell him the car back and he would give me money everytime he got payed. This was a very good friend of mine so I agreed to sell it back to him for $1100.

About 2 weeks after that he lost his job. He was unemployed for about a month or so. I nagged him about the money and getting a job but not to much. He finally got a job and till hasnt given me a dime. I would say its been about 3-4 months since I gave him the car.

I'm just so fed up with it I want to take him to small claims court and get it over with. The only thing is when I bought the car I never even had a chance to switch the title into my name and we never did a bill of sale or anything. So I really have no actual proof I owned the car except my word and I doubt hes going to deny the whole thing..

I jusst want to know if I would be able toget my money. And if I were to take him to court and win how do I go about getting my money. I know he cant afford to jut give it to me in one lump sum. So how does that work?

you should have had a contract!! Do you have a canceled check or anything to show your purchase of the car....how about a witness that knew of the deal.....
Good luck

Gary

I know i should have done up a contract..ive been kicking myself in the ass for that. I was jusst under the impression he wouldnt try to screw me becaue he was a good friend. there are plenty of people who know about the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back