Sneaky Wage Garnishment Scheme

G

Goodgirls3469

Hi. My debt collection agency I hired to garnish my ex boyfriends wages told me the employer said he was no longer employed by his company. So yesterday I had a friend sit in his car across from the business and sure enough at 8am my ex showed up and at 4pm he left the job I suspect the employer is paying him under table now to avoid collections what can I do now ty

Hi. My debt collection agency I hired to garnish my ex boyfriends wages told me the employer said he was no longer employed by his company. So yesterday I had a friend sit in his car across from the business and sure enough at 8am my ex showed up and at 4pm he left the job I suspect the employer is paying him under table now to avoid collections what can I do now ty

As we tried to tell you, there's not much you can do.
He's outsmarting, outplaying, out maneuvering you at every turn.

Don't be alarmed, he's a deadbeat.
This is what deadbeats do, connive, conspire, collaborate to cheat others.

If I were you, I'd move on.
No need to allow a deadbeat's antics to ruin your ability to have a great life.
You don't need the deadbeat, and his two or three dollars.

Read the WA garnishment statute, starting 6.27.210 and continue reading the sections addressing controversion and penalties to the employer:

Chapter 6.27 RCW: GARNISHMENT

Then talk to your collection agency about what to do next and how much it will cost you.

RCW 6.27.210 Answer of garnishee may be controverted by plaintiff or defendant.
If the garnishee files an answer, either the plaintiff or the defendant, if not satisfied with the answer of the garnishee, may controvert within twenty days after the filing of the answer, by filing an affidavit in writing signed by the controverting party or attorney or agent, stating that the affiant has good reason to believe and does believe that the answer of the garnishee is incorrect, stating in what particulars the affiant believes the same is incorrect. Copies of the affidavit shall be served on or mailed by first-class mail to the garnishee at the address indicated on the answer or, if no address is indicated, at the address to or at which the writ was mailed or served, and to the other party, at the address shown on the writ if the defendant controverts, or at the address to or at which the copy of the writ of garnishment was mailed or served on the defendant if the plaintiff controverts, unless otherwise directed in writing by the defendant or defendant's attorney.

In other words, if you're not satisfied with the response by the employer, you can file an affidavit stating that you have good reason to believe that the answer provided by the employer is unsatisfactory. You must also include what part you believe is inaccurate - being that the defendant was witnessed arriving and leaving from the premises of the employer at usual hours after you were told that he no longer works there.

Back