Signing over legal rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

mama1978

My childs father wants to sign over his rights but he is in a different country does anyone know how we could go about doin this I am in the United states he is in the Uk

Can't do it. See this website for many other similar posts.

In the US you cannot terminate your rights unless you are remarried and your husband is willing to adopt. If that is the case, see an adoption attorney.

If this man is in the UK, any US child support order should still be enforceable.

Duranie said:
Can't do it. See this website for many other similar posts.

In the US you cannot terminate your rights unless you are remarried and your husband is willing to adopt. If that is the case, see an adoption attorney.

If this man is in the UK, any US child support order should still be enforceable.
So your telling me that i have to have someone to adopt my daughter? well I will see what happens i have an appt on Thursday

I no a girl who signed over her rights as a mother and the father was not married nor did he have someone to adopt the child I just don't understand if the parent is doing nothing for the child how can they still have rights to the child I mean if something was to happen to me couldn't he come over here and try to take my child that does not seem right I mean how would that be in the best interest of the child when the child does not no this man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back