Shoplifting Tickets/ please help

Romina Austin

Jurisdiction
Arizona
Hello everyone
I have asked to ask someone professional about a shoplifting crime. She just caught shoplifting at a store for $16, but when she went to court, the clerk told her that there wasn't nothing in their system(she took the ticket to the court and showed it to the clerk, but he said there is nothing like that in the system) however, after 2 months she got shoplifting again for value about $85, and when they called the police , he took her finger print and gave her a ticket for shoplifting, and the LP took her picture, and asked her not to go back to their store anymore. she is refuge and does't speak any English, and has no income. she said when the police gave her the ticket, it didn't show in his system that she has a record of shoplifting before, please what does she need to do?

Hello everyone
I have asked to ask someone professional about a shoplifting crime. She just caught shoplifting at a store for $16, but when she went to court, the clerk told her that there wasn't nothing in their system(she took the ticket to the court and showed it to the clerk, but he said there is nothing like that in the system) however, after 2 months she got shoplifting again for value about $85, and when they called the police , he took her finger print and gave her a ticket for shoplifting, and the LP took her picture, and asked her not to go back to their store anymore. she is refuge and does't speak any English, and has no income. she said when the police gave her the ticket, it didn't show in his system that she has a record of shoplifting before, please what does she need to do?

There are no refuges in the United States.
There are people who claim refuge status.

You might tell her to STOP stealing.
I know of no country on this planet where STEALING is permitted.

Tell the thieving rascal to leave the United States and endeavor to return with a passport and a visa.

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. If there is no record of prior its likely she gave false info to avoid deportation. Once discovered she will have even bigger issues to deal with. She needs to show up to court plead not guilty and request Public defender. Once she meets this Lawyer they can discuss her defense plans. If there is no apparent record of previous theft tell her to keep quiet about it

please what does she need to do?

First off - she needs to stop shoplifting.

She should go to court & plead not guilty. Since she has no income, she should ask for a public defender & discuss with him/her what her options are.

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. If there is no record of prior its likely she gave false info to avoid deportation. Once discovered she will have even bigger issues to deal with. She needs to show up to court plead not guilty and request Public defender. Once she meets this Lawyer they can discuss her defense plans. If there is no apparent record of previous theft tell her to keep quiet about it
Mr. Shrinkmaster
do you think she should call the court and ask them for a translator before the court date? or she just needs to ask for during the court date?

It would be best that she let the court know ahead of time (before court date) that she will need a translator.

I believe shrinkmaster had a client whose case was dismissed by the judge due to taking the class before going to court. However, that is not to say that will definitely happen in this case. It might or might not. However, it can't hurt taking it before going to court & it just might help her case in some way.

I believe shrinkmaster had a client whose case was dismissed by the judge due to taking the class before going to court. However, that is not to say that will definitely happen in this case. It might or might not. However, it can't hurt taking it before going to court & it just might help her case in some way.

exactly

Thank you very much

Dear Mr. Shrinkmaster and Betty
I just wanted to follow up with you guys and get you guys updated with the case. My friend went to court and the judge told her that he will not send her to court and will not do any finger print at this moment, but he asked her to appear on court on March 7th and they pointed a PD for her. so what do you guys think will happen next please ?

Back