Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifted, so screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soscrewed1229

Last night I stole like five lighters ($5.99) and got caught. I was given a ticket by the police and they did not inform my parents I REALLY don't want my parents to get involved. I wanted to just use my 21 year old sister as my guardian or my aunt but Im being told I can't... I especially don't want to tell my mom because the court date is the day after her bday. I'm 17 never had police problems in my life and this was in NY. Do you think I'll have to go on parol/probation/comunity service? I'm thinking of pleading not guilty and just say I was going around the isle near the door when the store man told me to come with him but I wasn't done shooing and he thought I was stealing an trying to leave, I tryed to pay for the lighters after he stopped me..

If you do not bring your parents to court they will likely postpone your case so you can bring them. If your worried about them finding out they will as the letter of Civil Demand will likely come to them

Idk I stole the lighters cause I needed to smoke weed, I need to find a good excuse to tell her why I took the lighters so she doesent think Iwanted them to smoke I might Kay tell her I was gunna sell them individually to kids at the movie theatre -.- will the person whocaught me at the supermarket be at the court the day of the hearing?

I don't understand, what should. I do when I go to court the day it says on the ticket? If I just plead guilty I'll be screwed completely and will deffinetly subject to punishment?

How long does this process take? After I plead not guilty will they make another date for another trial? And the store isn't pressing charges. Do I have to wear a suit to court? I've never been there before.what happens when I go into the court room? Till I leave

How long does this process take?That depends on what you and your attorney do After I plead not guilty will they make another date for another trial? Yes And the store isn't pressing charges.Wrong! The store has pressed charges thats why you have a court date Do I have to wear a suit to court? Tha tis up to you but dressed nice I've never been there before.what happens when I go into the court room? Till I leave That depends on what actions you and your Attorney take

I dint want probation or parol... If. Just plead guilty what are the possible punishments and if parol of probation how long? I've been told that since I'm 17 and this is my first offnce nothing will probably happen and I've also been told that it just depends on the judge.. Will the store man ho caught me be in court the day I go? I was told pobably not but if I plead not guilty n there's another case he probably will then..

...? I was given advice by random ppl on xbox not a lawyer lol.. Doesanyone know what punishment I could be facing for shoplifting $5.80 and it being my 1st offence and I'm 17 if I just plead guilty?

Random people on Xbox! :eek: If you ask me (you have) you plead not guilty either hire a Lawyer or ask for Public defender then discuss options like Diversion. Walking in and pleading guilty is roll of dice and the odds are not in your favor!

Idk, I guess I'll talk it over with my dad and see what he thinks I should do.. Are public offenders like bad lawyers cause there free..? And I only stole $5.80!! What can they possibly give me for that ands it's my first offence

Like with any Lawyer some are good some are not. Its not given that they are poor Lawyers because they are Public Defenders. You seen Hell bent to just walk in and plead guilty. You have been told that is not wise. If your going to do that then coming here was waste of time. We cannot tell you what Judge will do if you walk in and plead guilty. He/She can give you any sentence (including max) he/she chooses. If you have an Attorney a plea bargain can be arrange that will at least protect your record. This should be your focus. A criminal record can hurt you in many ways for a very long time.

Idk, I just want this whole thing to be over asap, if I plead not guilty then I gotta wait more and have a whole other case what can the judge possibly give me for trying o steal $5.80, I didn't try and run, I walked right back, offerd to pay for the lighters, guy wouldent let me, I cooperates and it's my first offence an I'm 17..

Depending on how law reads you could get a jail time. Listen over and over you have chose not to listen to people trying to help you. If you are dead set on walking in and taking your chances by pleading guilty then you don't need us. I hope this works out in your favor but I think I am done here

Soscrewed1229 said:
I dint want probation or parol... If. Just plead guilty what are the possible punishments and if parol of probation how long? I've been told that since I'm 17 and this is my first offnce nothing will probably happen and I've also been told that it just depends on the judge.. Will the store man ho caught me be in court the day I go? I was told pobably not but if I plead not guilty n there's another case he probably will then..

If you plead not guilty, the LP will be there to testify on the behalf of the store.

One way or another, your parents are going to find out. I'd tell them.

Yeah, idk I keep thinking about it.. I think Im just gunna plead guilty cause kid in my school tell me I prob. Wount get in that much trouble, one kid in my school got caught shoplifting alcohol n got three months probation.. And I only took freaking 6$ and kids r saying I could get "acod" like something that u can't get in trouble for a while or u get Further punishment. I'd gladly take that but I'm gunna talk to my da about it I'll prob tel him next month since the dates not till 4/30.. You can make plea bargins before u plea guilty so I'll prob do that.

Soscrewed1229 said:
Yeah, idk I keep thinking about it.. I think Im just gunna plead guilty cause kid in my school tell me I prob. Wount get in that much trouble, one kid in my school got caught shoplifting alcohol n got three months probation.. And I only took freaking 6$ and kids r saying I could get "acod" like something that u can't get in trouble for a while or u get Further punishment. I'd gladly take that but I'm gunna talk to my da about it I'll prob tel him next month since the dates not till 4/30.. You can make plea bargins before u plea guilty so I'll prob do that.

Each case is diffrent, each judge is diffrent, each DA is diffrent. You might get a judge or a DA who decide to teach you a lesson and give you some jail time or a fine. Also it will go on your record, so unless you enjoy flipping burgers (if your lucky) I'd look into diversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back