Seeking information on fathers rights to fight against parental alienation syndrome abuse

Rieka

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
I'm here to seek any kind of information on the behalf of my best friend who is dealing with the aftermath of a nasty divorce from several years ago... He has four kids all from the ex-spouse, and one of them is showing textbook signs of parental alienation syndrome abuse. The kid is 16 years old and refuses to speak with his father (My friend) while in the custody of his mother for no apparent reason... including speaking with his grandparents. He has no reason to hate my friend.. especially his grandparents, but he does. I have a gut feeling that my friend's ex is behind all of this.

My friend does have a lawyer and was told by his lawyer that parental alienation syndrome cases are extremely hard to prove considering that both parents are now located in different states.

Is there anything that my friend can do to have a good solid case for parental alienation syndrome? Is there an organization that he can call to get support, and to get a possible advocate? Anything can help.

I'm here to seek any kind of information on the behalf of my best friend who is dealing with the aftermath of a nasty divorce from several years ago... He has four kids all from the ex-spouse, and one of them is showing textbook signs of parental alienation syndrome abuse. The kid is 16 years old and refuses to speak with his father (My friend) while in the custody of his mother for no apparent reason... including speaking with his grandparents. He has no reason to hate my friend.. especially his grandparents, but he does. I have a gut feeling that my friend's ex is behind all of this.

My friend does have a lawyer and was told by his lawyer that parental alienation syndrome cases are extremely hard to prove considering that both parents are now located in different states.

Is there anything that my friend can do to have a good solid case for parental alienation syndrome? Is there an organization that he can call to get support, and to get a possible advocate? Anything can help.

You should have your friend join this site and ask his own questions. It is better for the volunteers to talk with the legal party rather than well-meaning friends that really don't have all the facts of the case.
But, as your friend has an attorney, he should really direct his questions/concerns there.

But, for your edification: Parental Alienation | Psychology Today

This was made up by a pedophile to (often) assist other molesters to gain custody of their children victims.
Parental alienation syndrome - Wikipedia

Don't use the term PAS.

ETA: To be clear, there is such a thing as Parental Alienation but there is no such thing as PAS.

Last edited:
Is there anything that my friend can do to have a good solid case for parental alienation syndrome?

No, and I'm at a loss to understand why he'd want one. If one exists, it will be a result of things that others do, not things your friend does or can do. Most importantly, this is the sort of thing your friend should discuss with his lawyer.

So you 100% know the inner workings of your friend's relationship with his kids or the ex? How? I'll guarantee you don't know everything and you know only what your friend has told you. Are there s* moms out there who alienate their kids? Sure. I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying you are definitely not getting all sides of the situation.

My ex husband is a deadbeat dad. He's 7600 ish in arrears just for our kid (34K for all four), he's court ordered to pay half of childcare and now that he's finally kept a job I started to send him cash app requests for his half of daycare. Declined, blocked, 3 times. He hasn't talked to our daughter really since Jan. He left her on read on messenger. The only reason she saw him in Feb we had a funeral to go home for. And he only saw her because his mom got him. He's prioritizing drugs and his younger gf over all of his kids. Back in Dec, we were home for the holidays and he asked if he could see our kid. I said yes - but you will not be alone with her and she's not meeting that girl since you barely know her and met her in rehab. (Forced rehab). He threw a tantrum because I set boundaries when he hadn't seen our kid in 3 years at that point because jail and prison. I told him 3 places we could meet - one being his mom's. What did he do? Told a friend "My daughter is in town and I haven't seen her in 3 years and her mom won't let me see her." That wasn't what happened. He blocked me for 2 days because he threw an adult tantrum. Parenting time is at my discretion. And it's supervised at my discretion since 2018. But he's telling people I keep him from our kid when he keeps himself.

I say this because you have no clue what the inner workings are with the relationship with the kids. You're not there. Sure the mom could be alienating but more often than not, the claims of parental alienation are bs by the NCP.

Your friend has a lawyer. He needs to talk to his lawyer or go look up info himself. You need to butt out.

Back