Seatbelt ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovid

I received a ticket while driving without a seat belt…. i have a out of state license, the occurence was in brooklyn, NY. The most ironic thing is that I HATE driving without a seat belt, I'm the guy who always reminds everyone to wear a seat belt. But in this particular occasion, I had just got into yhe car and was waiting at the light and 10 seconds into the drive a cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket… Now my license is very clean, I have not received any tickets at all and it bothers me that now I have something to worry about… Now the ticket does not have a price on it, on the back of the ticket; which is yellow, there is a box which states that Seat Belt is $40 plus $50 surcharge. A Friend of mine recommended that I should fight the ticket and try to get it lowered… the price is not the issue as much as it having an affect to my insurance company..

So will I get any points on my license,?
Can I fight and win this case?
If I fight and lose, will I have to pay extra?
If I just pay for it, will my insurance increase?

Oh yeah, I'm 23 years old and was the driver during this occasion, in Brooklyn NY.

Thank you.

dovid said:
I received a ticket while driving without a seat belt…. i have a out of state license, the occurence was in brooklyn, NY. The most ironic thing is that I HATE driving without a seat belt, I'm the guy who always reminds everyone to wear a seat belt. But in this particular occasion, I had just got into yhe car and was waiting at the light and 10 seconds into the drive a cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket… Now my license is very clean, I have not received any tickets at all and it bothers me that now I have something to worry about… Now the ticket does not have a price on it, on the back of the ticket; which is yellow, there is a box which states that Seat Belt is $40 plus $50 surcharge. A Friend of mine recommended that I should fight the ticket and try to get it lowered… the price is not the issue as much as it having an affect to my insurance company..

So will I get any points on my license,?
Can I fight and win this case?
If I fight and lose, will I have to pay extra?
If I just pay for it, will my insurance increase?

Oh yeah, I'm 23 years old and was the driver during this occasion, in Brooklyn NY.

Thank you.
Did you speak to your insurance company? They can confirm or deny the truth of all the rumors. I think it may affect your insurance as it is a moving violation although many believe it's a minor warning or infraction. This is probably within the discretion of the insurance company and not a legal issue. It could vary from company to company. You should probably fight the ticket and you can get it lowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back