"Roundup" pest control class action lawsuit eligibility

Rocky0423

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
I need help please regarding the class action suit against the pesticide, Roundup. Originally the only consumers who qualified were ones that contracted a specific type of cancer. I read an article recently that this lawsuit added additional cancer diagnoses . I searched your site however I could not find any info on this pesticide. I used this product and I have been diagnosed with cancer. I hope someone reads my post and be able to advise me where I could get some answers regarding my diagnose which I truly believed is the result of using this pesticide. Thank you in advance for any help and advice you may be able to give me.

There isn't a single class-action suit. According to Forbes, there are tens of thousands of lawsuit around the country. You will want to speak to an attorney (soon!) because the statute of limitations appears to be 2 years in NJ.

Last Updated: February 12th, 2024
Is There A Roundup Class Action Lawsuit?
Question: Is there a Roundup class action lawsuit?

Answer:

No, there is not a Roundup class action lawsuit.

Rather, Roundup cancer lawsuits are consolidated into multidistrict litigation (MDL), a federal legal procedure designed to streamline lawsuits and ensure consistency of decisions.

The Roundup MDL was settled for over $10 billion, but new Roundup lawsuits continue to be filed.

Lawyers For The Roundup Cancer Lawsuit: Do You Qualify To File A Roundup Lawsuit?
In recent years, manufacturers of the famous weed killer Roundup have found themselves at the center of a legal storm.

Allegations linking Roundup to an increased risk of cancer, particularly non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), have led to a surge in lawsuits against its manufacturer, Monsanto (now owned by Bayer AG).

As
individuals affected by Roundup seek justice, a common question arises:

Is there a Roundup class action lawsuit?

Contrary to common belief, there is no Roundup class action lawsuit for cancer claims related to exposure.

Instead, Roundup cases are managed as part of a multidistrict litigation (MDL), or through individual lawsuits file in relevant state courts.

If you have been diagnosed with cancer after being exposed to Roundup, you may qualify to file a lawsuit against Monsanto.

The experienced Roundup attorneys at TorHoerman Law are actively investigating and filing Roundup lawsuits for affected individuals.

Contact us to schedule a free consultation.

You can also use the chatbot on this page to find out if you qualify for the Roundup cancer lawsuit instantly.

The

Roundup Weed Killer: A Brief Overview

Monsanto first introduced Roundup in 1976.

The company marketed it as a safe and effective herbicide, whether used at home or in commercial agriculture.

This quality made it a go-to solution for weed control among farmers, landscapers, and homeowners.

Monsanto's Roundup became the most popular weed killer globally, generating billions of dollars in sales for the company.

National Geographic reported in 2015 that Roundup was a top-selling product in more than 160 countries worldwide, primarily the U.S., Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom.

This massive success came despite the company's knowledge of potential health risks associated with the active ingredient in Roundup — glyphosate.

Glyphosate is a synthetic herbicide that targets and kills weeds by inhibiting an enzyme called EPSP synthase.

This attribute leads to the death of plant cells, ultimately causing the plant to wither and die.

In the 1970s, Monsanto developed the glyphosate molecule and patented it as a broad-spectrum herbicide.

Monsanto started marketing the weed killer under the Roundup brand name in 1973.

There isn't a single class-action suit. According to Forbes, there are tens of thousands of lawsuit around the country. You will want to speak to an attorney (soon!) because the statute of limitations appears to be 2 years in NJ.
Thank you so very much, Zigner!

Back