Rights of beneficiary

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOULFILLY

My mother passed away in May'05. Will states assets be divided equally between my sister and I. My sister was the administrator of will, poa over all finances. As an equal beneficiary, am I entitled to ask her for full disclosure of all accounting that went into making up of my mom's assets?

Q: My mother passed away in May'05. Will states assets be divided equally between my sister and I. My sister was the administrator of will, poa over all finances. As an equal beneficiary, am I entitled to ask her for full disclosure of all accounting that went into making up of my mom's assets?

A: Yes.

Mr grandmother passed away a year and a half ago, her attorney was appointed her executor. My sister and I named beneficiaries. The lawyer called me and gave me all the details of the will, approiximately what we are entitled too and papers to sign for probate, also a paper giving him permission to liquidate stocks and bonds into cash for us. Too date, the lawyer I have heard nothing from him since February 2007, he will not return phone calls or answer any written inquiries. Can you advise me of my legal rights.
Thank you. (State of MA)

Maise
Please start your own thread.

To the OP
This is a long time for you to not receive anything. You need to go to the probate court and get a copy of the file. Then you need to consult with an attorney. It is quite possible your sister intends for you to get nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back