Removing Restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewlily

Hello,
I have a Temporary Order of Protection against someone that claims that I sexually harassed and stocked them. I never sexually harassed or stocked this person. I only told her things I thought she wanted to hear and when she told me to stop, I did, however she called me back and re-engaged our conversation. Since the last time she told me to stop talking to her, I did. Since there is no evidence that I sexually harrassed or stocked this person, since such evidence does not exist, this order of protection should be removed. I wrote a letter to the judge saying this, that I'm gonna give the judge on the hearing date for the decision on whether to continue the order for a specific time, or have it be permanent. Is it legal to have this order in place in the first place and what is the best way I go about having this Temporary Order of Protection removed?

You may think there was no evidence, but the judge thought there was enough evidence to issue the order!!!

As a former judge, I never issued protective orders without proof, evidence, and credible testimony.

Judges don't issue those orders lightly.

Now, moving on and attending to your questions.

Why worry about staying away from her?
It is over.
Let the OOP stand.
If you don't go around the other person, how will that order harm you?

It won't!!!!

I suggest you let it stand and stay away from this, as you say, "on again, off again" person.

Leave her alone and she'll leave you alone.

Play with fire, you will get burned!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back