Redskins Quarterback Robert Griffin III ACL Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
I was finally back at home, spending a short time enjoying NFL playoff football. The Redskins - Seahawks game was an intriguing one until I saw Robert Griffin III, star Washington Redskins quarterback, step back awkwardly, fall to the ground in immense pain and not move while the ball was lying on the ground a few feet away. About a minute later, Griffin III is walking towards the dressing room and appears to have possibly avoided what appeared to be a serious injury, sprain or ligament damage.

I am almost certain that, based upon my observations and personal experience, I believe that Robert Griffin III suffered an ACL tear. I'm probably sharing these thoughts because I remember tearing my ACL playing football and I never forgot the experience. After making an over the shoulder interception, I turned around to see if I could take the rock to the promised land. I was half way there when I was unsure whether to go out of bounds instead of trying to make a move when I suddenly felt my knee go to mush during that moment of indecision. I fell forward, possibly hyperextending my kneeb and experienced immense pain for what felt like an eternity and which I knew was only about 20-30 seconds. I must have yelled once or twice, grabbing my leg, and then it was mostly gone with just a little soreness. I thought I dodged a bullet. Unfortunately that is what I saw on the football field last night, seeing Griffin III in terrible pain and then walking off under his own power.

I can only hope that I'm wrong and that Robert Griffin III avoided an ACL tear. He comes off on camera as a rare athlete - smart, articulate, educated, well spoken and perhaps the kind of sports hero our youth could hope to emulate. While I love my New York Giants, I still hope that the rival Washington Redskins star quarterback didn't suffer a setback. Get well soon Robert.

I was very upset to see that, too.

I echo your thoughts.

(While I'm closer geographically to Seattle than any other team in the NFL, I'm a Steeler's girl through and through; and I cannot forgive the Seachicken...sorry, Seahawks for "stealing" that game against the Packers. And I'm no Packers fan, either - I'm just a fan of fair football).

For what it's worth though, I predict a Texans/Seahawks Superbowl.

You read it here first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back