Recorded by an ex employee with out my consent and he took it to HR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ds81801

Just looking for some guidance here i will be to the point and if i have no leg to stand on then that is what it is. I am a manager at my office had an employee get caught by me not doing the work and i have proof because of the phone we use. He got mad and said this is my 2 week notice so i said ok. Then about a week or so later our region HR manager shows up and starts an investigation he starts asking my about my language i use on a daily basis and if i used profanity. I said yes some times but not every other word but yes i do and yes i do in the office and to my guys. He then tells me he has me on tape form the guy who got caught a week or so ago not doing his job. I will tell you i have not heard or seen this recording but i got wrote up by HR and now have a blemish on my perfect record. This ex employee also told him other stuff and tried to get me fired as well as another person in my room because he said we were related. He is married into the same family i am but we are not directyl related so it was not a problume form hrs point. This ex employee tried his hardest to get me fired not worrying about me or my wife and kids i have to support. Now my question is can he record me and use it agaginst me like this and he had to make this recording before he was let go because the day he was let go he left imidatly. I did not know of this recording at all but it happened in my sales room at work. I am in South Carolina. Any advice will help. Sorry for spelling had to do this quick so did not review it so please over look any spelling!!

Ask if you can put a rebuttal statement in your personnel record. I would not worry about it to much the guy that did it quite.

No he can not record you without your consent. Only feds and police officers can do that.

I would worry too much about it though.

God be you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back