real estate

Status
Not open for further replies.

stina

please, i need help.

my aunt owns a house. she has not paid the taxes on it for like 10 years. she wants to give the house to me. would i have to pay all of the back taxes on the house or would my aunt have to pay these if the house were put in my name. also would i pay more taxes if we were to transfer the house into my name now, or if i were to inherit the house. any suggestions about how i would transfer the house to my name ?

Originally posted by stina:
please, i need help.

my aunt owns a house. she has not paid the taxes on it for like 10 years. she wants to give the house to me. would i have to pay all of the back taxes on the house or would my aunt have to pay these if the house were put in my name. also would i pay more taxes if we were to transfer the house into my name now, or if i were to inherit the house. any suggestions about how i would transfer the house to my name ?
Regardless of the vehicle you use, my understanding is that you won't be able to avoid the taxes being paid on the house by someone. In my understanding, there should be a lien on the home and your interest would be subject to the lien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back