Quit Claim Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mermaid

I was divorced over 10 years ago, and at the time signed a quit claim deed on our house. He promised that within five years he would refinance, or sell the house. Now more than 10 years later he has not done either. What he has done is grossly mismanaged his life and claimed bankruptcy. His bankruptcy is over now, but the negative credit results are showing up on my credit profile. The divorce papers didn't protect me as they were supposed to clearly outline the terms and conditions I requested, and because that time was so difficult and painful, I didn't really read through the pages and pages of divorce papers thoroughly. His income is about five times what mine is, and he can clearly afford the payments on the house, but I want my freedom. After all these years I want to be free from his mean disposition and tendency toward hurting me however he can. He is a well-off, very intellegnt man, but he's just really angry and mean. Is there anything I can do to force him to refinance, or sell the house?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back