Question

CarGuy395

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
So I have a former business partner who is asking for a deposition from people for what I might have told people the truth about the guy or defense about the case we are going after him for a large debt he owes me.

The business partnership lasted 6 months, it ended when he locked me out of the store, told me through a voicemail and the money he owed was a loan now. Why, because I told people what he was doing and he didn't show up a lot, I had direct contact with customers and I wasn't going to be libel for his actions.

1. He took in consignment items, sold them, bought something else and stalled to pay the person back.
2. He wrote bad checks knowing that and when a angry customer came back he would make some excuse to stall them. Law enforcement knows of the complaints about him.
Other things he's done -
3. He bought scrap gold and silver and didn't report it, log the people selling or hold it for the legal 30 day period.
4. He didn't collect tax from a lot of people and he said there are books no tax person should see. He also told a angry customer he was under investigation by IRS, if not he should be.
5. He owes other people thousands of dollars $18,000 + who told me and are also very angry. I doubt he has enough to pay even me alone others and that's including everything he owns.

My case is to retrieve my property still in the store and all money owed that the legal paperwork he signed is the only thing that matters not his word.
It's been 5 months with nothe a single penny paid, the papers say 12 months, he's only ignored me and thinks his word means something. He has also held my mail for months, blocked my stores view with his and friends vehicles.

I left him a notice to pay his debt and he called the police for me testing window chalk " tic, tac, toe" on " his" window that was out of the way blocking my cameras he still has pointing at my side. That was dismissed when I showed the officer the paperwork of ownership of half that store.

Tensions are high already, people are very angry and even law enforcement would like him gone.
There is a growing number of people he owes that want to confront him in a few days in front of a group he does business with.

Advice or thoughts ?

Advice for what? You haven't asked a question about anything specific.

Have you sued him in court? Has he sued you in court?

Or is this just a pissing contest between the two of you.

If your question is what do you do about it, here's the answers.

If he's done anything illegal report to the appropriate authorities: Police, licensing agencies, tax agencies, etc.

If he's wronged you financially, hire a lawyer and sue him (if you haven't done that yet).

Not much else anybody here is going to be able to tell you.

Back