Question on Child who doesn't live with me, I provide the medical, but have to pay the copays??

J

JFINDISH

Jurisdiction
Colorado
So I have been providing medical insurance for my son in Colorado Springs. There is no written documentation saying I have to by the courts, but I do it. Now since the Mother goes out of the network, she is saying I am responsible for all copays to include her going to get blood drawn without a referral and using my name on the bill. Is this legal to do? Why would I have to pay the copays and bills when either her or her dad are signing the child in and not me.

So I have been providing medical insurance for my son in Colorado Springs. There is no written documentation saying I have to by the courts, but I do it. Now since the Mother goes out of the network, she is saying I am responsible for all copays to include her going to get blood drawn without a referral and using my name on the bill. Is this legal to do? Why would I have to pay the copays and bills when either her or her dad are signing the child in and not me.

You might not be responsible for the co-pays, but until you resolve the matter in court, you'll never know.

Using your name as the RESPONSIBLE PARTY/GUARANTOR might be a problem for the person doing so.

However, only a court or the police (IF A CRIME IS BEING COMMITTED) can say for sure.

So you have some legwork.

Discuss the situation with a couple lawyers, call the cops see what they say, and prepare for ANOTHER court battle.

One thing is very clear.

She's not going to stop because you say stop.

That's where the judge, your lawyer, and/or the cops get involved.

What does your actual agreement say about insurance and medical costs? That should be addressed in some way. Both of you must abide by the written agreement. You can agree to do things outside of the agreement, but if you can not agree, off to court you go. Have you spoken to your co-parent about why the doctor was selected out of network?

Back