Qualified Domestic Relations Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericschevy

I just divorced my husband, and he has a pension. He is not retired yet. I was wondering if I could get what is entitled to me before he retires, or if I have to wait until he withdrawls, retires, or dies. My attorney put in the divorce papers that I get a portion of this, but she did not file any special paperwork nor did she let me know how I am to recieve my portion.

I just divorced my husband, and he has a pension. He is not retired yet. I was wondering if I could get what is entitled to me before he retires, or if I have to wait until he withdrawls, retires, or dies. My attorney put in the divorce papers that I get a portion of this, but she did not file any special paperwork nor did she let me know how I am to recieve my portion.

Sorry, madam, you don't get yours, until he gets his.

If he predeceases you, yours should follow shortly after he has been interred.

Normally, you or your attorney have to bring the court's order to the company's attention, or the entity that services the company's pensions.

I suggest you make contact with a nearby HR Department and they will happily direct you to the department or person that will process your documents!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back