Public administrator is not protecting my son

Hankforjustice

Jurisdiction
Missouri
My son's guardian is the public administrator of Washington County, Mo. First thing that was not addressed was the creation of a bank account to hide my son's inheritance. Subsequently the money was taken out of the account by his mother and his sister the creator's of the account. This was reported from the guardian and that previously $5000 was taken from him by his mother from his disability back pay. Which to date is a total of $10,000 stolen from him. And to top it all off she claimed him on her taxes for last year. Which was also reported to her. And now I am not aloud to visit him but his mother is. Why actions can I take if any. I have already paid an attorney that at first I was seeking guardianship and then paid an additional amount because I believe that my son doesn't need a guardian. Which now I am told that I am no longer the client and the attorney is not doing a thing

Please accept my condolences as you grieve the loss of your loved one.

I suggest you talk to three or four elder law attorneys, or even general practice lawyers in your county.

Good luck.

How old is your son Why does he have a guardian in the first place? Why is that guardian someone other than his parents?

Please accept my condolences as you grieve the loss of your loved one.

I suggest you talk to three or four elder law attorneys, or even general practice lawyers in your county.

Good luck.
I have tried and because I now have no money and am waiting on my disability hearing. None of them are willing to help me.

How old is your son Why does he have a guardian in the first place? Why is that guardian someone other than his parents?
At the time the all this was do e I was in a homeless shelter in at. Louis. When I came back to Potosi it had already been done. I believe that my ex wife let it happen deliberately so that she didn't have to deal with him anymore. She had stolen $5000 from his disability back pay. All they had was a minor in possession charge. And he is 21 now and I am unable to see him anymore.

I could drive a semi through the gaps in your story here. It makes it impossible to answer if we only have bits and pieces of the story. Your son is 21. Those over 18 do not have guardians unless there is a very specific reason for it such as a severe disability. 99% of the time, that guardian is a parent. If it is not a parent, who is it? Why did the court appoint that person? Were you not in contact with your child when this was happening? If not, why not?

A "minor in possession" charge implies he was using/dealing drugs and was under 18 at the time. So, we are talking about something which happened at least 5 years ago. A possession charge alone is not a reason to appoint a guardian. In fact, if that is when it happened, it would be a totally different court which would be involved. What actually happened?

You mention disability pay. From what source? When? How would your ex "steal" it? If she isn't/wasn't his guardian at the time, how would she even know about it or have access to it?

Why are you unable to see him?

Back