Protecting my plan/product

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyJinx

Hello. I just have a pretty general question. I'm looking into starting up a business this year that will see me distributing a product online. The product is electronic, and of animated design. Without saying too much, the product will be a virtual being of sorts, but with a twist.

My question is just one of protection. As in, how do I protect myself from Competitor X or Competitor Y from coming along weeks or months later and nipping the concept or product? I'm all for free market and competition, but I'd rather see if there's any way to keep the wolves at bay while MY product gets 100% of the exposure for a time. Yes, I have $$$ in my eyes here, and justifiably so.

Knowing what's going to be involved here and how time consuming among other things, I'd much rather know I'm the "only game in town" for this product for years or better.

I'm aware that you can't patent an idea per se, but is there ANY means in which I can protect this project (name/concept/design/etc.) and have it virtually exclusive to me only for however long?

Thx in advance.

This is not legal Advice!

Hi BigDaddyJinx,

The information you require may be on this link. www.uspto.gov

As for your Quote: "Yes, I have $$$ in my eyes here, and justifiably so."

Problem being, if your idea is that good there will be people that copy it in some way or another because they will be thinking what you quoted above!
Maybe not justifiably so but the world has gone crazy for cheaper products, so unless you have a product that only you can make a proffit on you will never be safe. Do not let me put you off, you go for it and make your millions but try not to worry about the competition worry about the marketing. If you market your product carefully you will allways make money. People buy people first and everything else second!!

Good Luck and we wish you well :)

Mark.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back