promisory note

Status
Not open for further replies.

apr4

I purchased a car with my daughters father, a few years later we broke up (never married). He kept the car that was paid off, I kept the car we still owed the bank about a year and a half of payments at $450 a month. I had him sign a notarized agreement stating he would give up his rights to the vehicle, I would be finishing out the loan. After I paid off the car, he is refusing to sign the title over to me. I cannot sell, trade or give this car away without his signature. Do I have a case? Or did he get one over on me again?

So what's his response when you show him the notarized agreement?

Assuming he has no good response, tell him if he doesn't sign the car over, you'll take him to court and sue to enforce the agreement giving you title. You will win, he'll look like the dick that he is, and he will get stuck with your legal costs.

Your right! No good response from him... he could care less that he signed the notarized agreement. So my next question would be: how do I go about taking him to court?

If you haven't already, tell him you'll take him to court, and he will lose, and he will bear your costs, and he should govern himself accordingly, if he doesn't sign the car over in a reasonable time period. Three days is good.

After that, file a claim in small claims court if the value of the car allows. Consult your state's courthouse website or talk to the court clerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back