Problems w/ court filings on traffic tickets & payments

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisEnchanted

I need help concerning what can I do about failure to appear/pay fines getting removed from traffic tickets due to clerical errors, as well as payments made on a ticket & payment was never applied to the ticket...so now it's still an unpaid ticket...& my DL has been suspended as a result. Sure, they will apply the amount to the ticket, but I'll still owe approx. $300. more (total is $770.) for fines added on for not paying the ticket before the court date. The payment was made before the court date. They (clerk) did not apply it to that ticket. The pasyment was applied to tickets that were already in the collections dept. And the amount wasn't applied to the amount owed on those tickets either. What do I have to do to correct these problems? HELP!!!

Can you work this out with the court clerk?

It sounds as if your problem is because of other past due tickets. You need to get them all caught up.
If you feel you can show proof that you made a timely payment and that the payment was specifically for a specific ticket then you need to get that together and present it to the court or the agency collecting the money.
It is no surprise that they would take your payment and apply it to the past due amounts first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back