Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Possession of More Than One License First Degree Misdemeanor Court Date 12/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaminacan24

I have a few questions, but first let me tell you my truthful version of events...
I was speeding in a 35mph zone going 48. I am guilty as charged I don't dispute that. I was hurrying to my friends house because his mom got jumped and I was worried. Nevertheless... in my neck of the woods washington township in toledo ohio... two officers set up a speed trap and one turned and pulled me over. I tried ducking into a parking lot and turning off my lights out of panic because I am 20 and I was drinking. It didn't work obviously. I already had all my registration and insurance at the ready when he shined the light on me as i pulled out my id. The license behind mine was real but not mine. He saw it and I tried to play it off that it was just my school ID. He said im not stupid let me see it. He looked at it and asked me if I used it to get into clubs and I told the truth and said yes. He took it and said he would be right back. He also asked me if I was drinking and I told the truth and said yes. He wrote me the speeding ticket and charged me with possession of more than one license. He told me that I could call the number or go online to find out my fines unless i wanted to go to court to appeal it and i said no that i would just pay. He never checked the box that told me i had a mandatory court date. I found out by calling. So here's my dilemma...

I am in a competitive pharmacy program and they do background checks. It is so competitive that ANYTHING can ruin my chances. Is there any way I can get out of this. I am okay with paying the speeding ticket but I really dont want the misdemeanor on my record. My court date is on the 21st of december 4 days before christmas and thats the only thing on my list this year. I definately have learned my lesson and have never gotten in trouble before but the guilt is just unbearable and i feel like a criminal. Is there anything I can do to help my case? My mom (who is a police officer) said it might be better if i go before my court date and see a visiting judge who isn't busy and plead out...Or would I be better off pleading not guilty and having the officer show to the next court date? And the license he confiscated... will it be used as evidence? I didnt use it to purchase alcohol could I still be incriminated for that as well? What are my options here and what is the worst case scenario... any info is welcomed!

Hello. I had a MIP a few years ago. I was scared, didn't tell my parents, didn't get a lawyer. I was very stupid about it. I paid the fine, got my license restricted (now its renewed) and now I can't go into the medical feild or law enforcement or the army. I would get a lawyer. The judge willl probably ask you if there is any reason he shouldn't put this on your record. Tell him about your pharmacy program and that the record will hurt that (again, records and the medical field don't mix).Tell him you brought proof so he knows you aren't lying (lots of people lie and say they're going to join the navy or something to get out of it). Tell him this is your first offense and that you are serious about staying clean. At least consult a lawyer, most are free if you are worried about money. Tell him your mom is cop. Learn from my mistake please and I wish you good luck. Let me know how it goes.
Dani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back