Political Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhite1737

In my workplace we poke fun at each other all the time, sometimes its personal, but most in good fun. But, politics is touchy as it usually is. The owner is a diehard Republican, and I vote by weighing everything, I may not be right, but I am very educated going in. Well, this year, I am voting Obama and have made it clear. In fact, I told my boss just to get him razzed. But, I received and email that disturbed me....here is the content below: {I don't want to sue or make a complaint, unless the email becomes true]. Do I have a case if it does?

This is seriously how a business owner is addressing the outcome of the upcoming election.

Dear Fellow Business Owners:

As a Business owner who employs 30 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama, will be our next President, and that my Taxes and Fees, will go up in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, I figure, that the Customer, will have to see an increase in my fees to them of about, 8%. I will also have to lay off 6 of my employees. This really bothered me as I believe we are family, here and didn't know how to choose who will have to go. So, this is what I did. I strolled thru the parking lot and found, 8 Obama bumper stickers on my employees cars. I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of another fair way to approach this problem. If you have a better idea, let me know. I am sending this letter to all Business owners that I know.

looks illegal to me

It's not. Political party affiliation (or how a person decided to vote) is not a protected class under Title VII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back