Please Help Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim1022

I separated from my exhusband in June 2004, when i first came into the military. he left our daughter with my parents and since that day, has never made an attempt to help out or contact her. Neither has his family. I filed for divorce in January of 2005, after I had finished my tech school, and it was finalized in July of 2005. He never showed up to sign anything, and i was awarded full custody. He was ordered to pay an amount of child support starting last July. He has never paid. Whenever I have been able to contact him about it, he changes his phone number, moves, quits his job etc...I am in the military and it is difficult to go home, and he has made no attempt to come out here to visit her. I am also getting remarried, and my fiancee wants to be my daughter's legal father. However, I am in a rut, because I cannot find my ex husband to sign his rights over so that i can re open my divorce decree and modify it. My new husband also has orders to an overseas assignment, and my daughter cannot go unless she has a passport which she cannot get because i was told the legal father needs to sign persmission. I don't know what to do. The base JAG will not take my case because it is a civil case, and I don't make much money to afford 100 dollars an hour for legal advice. I can't find my ex husband, who has basically abandoned our daughter, and i can't even let someone else that wants to be responsible for her be her father. Please help me

Until you marry him an adoption and termination of rights cannot be done.

You somehow are going to have to get an attorney.

Who told you you cannot get her a passport? Have you tried? You have custody. You might have to get a waiver on his signature. If JAG will not help you, have you tried legal aid? Or have you called around to see if an attoreny will help you on a sliding scale, or even possibly, pro bono?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back