Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

lori31576

I was incarcerated for a short time, my mother flew out here to California and convinced my fiance to let her take the kids until I got out of jail. She sent my older one to my dad's saying she couldn't handle him. She still has my 3 year old. Due to conversations on the phone, I don't think she's going to let me have him back willingly. I can't afford a lawyer, and have contacted free law advocates but haven't got any information except that I need to have the guardianship revoked, but no one will give me the information on how to go about this. When I call regular law offices they tell me they can't give information on the phone, and I have to make an appointment to come in. Can anyone help me here, please?

Need more information

Who actually has legal guardianship, the fiance or your mother? Is the fiance the father of the children? If legal papers were filed, were they filed in California? Maybe the answer to these questions will help someone with knowledge in this area of law, answer your post.

More Information

My mother has guardianship, my fiance is the father. She filed for the gurdianship papers in Illinois where she lives, I live in California. I don't know if I can do anything from here or how I need to go about the situation.

Need papers

You would have to go to the state where the guardianship was granted for it to be revoked. Was it a temporary guardianship? You say she filed for it, who signed consent or did the courts get involved? Look at Illinois state laws on guardianships and revokation. What I could find on California law was court appointed guardianships and the guardian basically had to be unfit. I don't know enough about what your mother filed. If you can, you should get copies of the papers and read them, then that may help you be able to search on the web for what you need. However, legal aide in CA, may help by telling you what you need to do in Illinois or give you a contact there. Check out the papers first. You're out now right? If it was a temporary guardianship and stated that way in the papers filed then once you're out you should be able to get them back. Everything depends on what the papers filed says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back