please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

idle12000

Iam a single mother of 3 i lost my job in december and things have been very hard since, I did something very stupid and now iam scared to death.
I found a check book and i knew it belonged to the lady next door, but i took 4 checks and used them to buy food for my family, it amounts to around 400.00, as far as i know no one knows this yet but i cant sleep and iam scared to death because i know it will all be found out soon, should i go to the lady next door and tell her what i have done and ask if i can pay her back i feel thats the right thing to do but iam so confused and so scared over all of this, please please someone help me out i dont know where to turn.
thank you

This is not legal Advice!

Hey,

WOW, Tricky one this to answer. You know you have done wrong and want to put it right before the bell tolls.

This we cant answer, we do not know how she will react? If she is not too mad at the time she may sympathise with you and allow you to pay her back. Then again she may end up realy mad and call the police.

So this is your situation you could get arrested when found out or you maybe lucky when comming clean (before you get arrested) and come to an agreement.

I know which one i would choose but the final dission will be down to you.

Good luck with your dissision.

Take care

Mark.

Iam a single mother of 3 i lost my job in december and things have been very hard since, I did something very stupid and now iam scared to death.
I found a check book and i knew it belonged to the lady next door, but i took 4 checks and used them to buy food for my family, it amounts to around 400.00, as far as i know no one knows this yet but i cant sleep and iam scared to death because i know it will all be found out soon, should i go to the lady next door and tell her what i have done and ask if i can pay her back i feel thats the right thing to do but iam so confused and so scared over all of this, please please someone help me out i dont know where to turn.
thank you
if you have a good relationship with your neighbor, I would go to her and confess and try to come to an agreement...either way, through her balancing her books or you talking to her..she will find out...she is less likely to go to the police if you talk to her...if you don't, I she will most likely go to the police...come clean with her would be my advice no matter how hard it might be...I am not a lawyer, but I have been in trouble with the law...anything you can do to try to avoid getting arrested and having to deal with a criminal charge is the best option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back