Please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryneedshelp

Hello ,

I live in PA I have a 2 yr old son. His father lives in MA.(We are currently sep. and in the middle of divorce. ) He hasn't seen him nor asked since he was about a yr. He is in and out of jail alot his usual occupation is a drug dealer.
He hasn't paid support in 2yrs nor does he intend to. He has agreed to sign over his rights to my son but i don't know how to go about doing it. Can you please help me?
I have thought long and hard about this and the only reason i had the idea to have him sign his rights over is because he got mad at me and said he wanted to on his own. I don't think my child need a father who is gonna do dumb things when he gets angry about something. Not only that he told me he was gonna let our son do drugs when he got older
(when i was with him) He is an abussive person also He did hit me before with the baby in his arms...(I filed a PFA but lost because of the time or something) Hes a drug addict and for his whole life has lied and manipulated people. He has no remorse and I already have a great man lined up for my son.. I don't want my son around a man who is crazy like that and not willing to get help..Can you please let me know the steps to having his rights signed over-He has agreed to do it .. Thanks for your time...

Please help!

my ex-husband hasn't aid child support and is now in jail for drunk driving and injuring someone ...before he went to jail he said he wanted to sign his rights over
(he went to jail like 3 months ago...) never called to check on my son or anything never sent a gift... he's a former heroin addict too well now he has decided he wants to be a father now my son is 3yrs old ...i don't want him to have anything to do with him
I don't think its safe... whats steps do i take to make sure he has no contact with my son.... when my son gets older he can decide for himself if he wants to know his real father but for now he doesnt know better and i need to protect him...

also i want my son to go to a certain person if my passing occurs, how do i set that up?
Please help me ... thanks
a desperate mother

I'm not an expert in this area of law. I do know that there are laws with regard to abandonment although I don't think they apply here as the time seems to be only 3 months. I don't think that you can just cut off the rights of a parent as you wish. Have you any agreement with regard to your child that is in writing? You are the one with sole custody. Perhaps you shouldn't worry. It would seem his problem to obtain visiting rights with your child and maybe you can let him start the process of trying to do so -- you'll see just how much he really wants to be involved. Until then, I don't think there is any pre-emptive step you can take that will just cut off his rights as you wish.

I wish you and your child the best of luck. It sounds like he has a caring mother who wants to ensure he is around good influences. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back