pittsburgh pa family help

P

Pitts

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I need help my ex partner has not seen my child for over 4 year, but has had the opportunity to visit my child with supervision. recently I got married and my spouse wants to adopt my child. However the ex partner recently filed a motion to try to obtain visitation with no supervision. My spouse is a veteran, and although are income is "just over the limit" to qualify for legal aid we need an affordable attorney or just figure out what to do

My spouse is a veteran, and although are income is "just over the limit" to qualify for legal aid we need an affordable attorney

You can use the lawyer directory:

Find a Lawyer in the Attorney Directory | TheLaw.com

Or google something like discount family law attorney for your city.

or just figure out what to do

You are going to need the consent of your child's father for a stepparent adoption. Given his motion, I doubt if you will get consent.

As for what you do, motions need a written response within which you explain to the judge why his motion should not be granted. Whether his motion gets granted or not depends on why there was supervised visitation in the first place and what has changed since that started.

Has he paid child support consistently or have you let that slide for some reason?

I suggest you forget about your spouse adopting as it's not going to happen as long as the visitation issue is going on and, indeed, it may never happen if the father is involved in the child's life.

Back