phone calls from an 'unknown'

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaerosmithchic

i have been these past 3 days receiving 5-6 phone calls from an 'unknown', which is what shows up on my caller ID. I have picked up the phone and not said anything to see if there was an automated message or something and there is nothing coming from the other end, so i simply end the call. AT&T said they don't have any way of finding out who the caller is. What are my legal options? Do i need to go to the police and see if they can do something? I asked if AT&T had any type of phone block or something that forces them to say who they are before the phone call comes through and they said they had nothing I have had problems in the past with an unknown calling for 2-3 days and then just stopping. after the 4th call today (and have had 4 since) I said in the phone that they are to stop calling because it's harrassment.
I had someone suggest getting a whistle but I don't even know if there is a person on the other line and i don't want to get into trouble for blowing it either.

I'm no attorney

So why can't you change your phone number?

Yes, it's a hassle but cheaper than hiring an attorney.

It's not as easy as the television programs have you to believe to obtain a list of callers to your cell phone.

You know, it could be a child playing with a parent's phone, it could be one of those 'glitches' like the guy whose phone called 911 and he couldn't stop it from doing so. Or it could be someone who is just fooling around with his phone and you're the only one who answered.

"Is your refrigerator running?"
"Yes."
"Then you better run after it."

I only did that once when I was a preteen and felt so badly that I never did it again.

I'm not a lawyer, but if it happened to me as much as it happened to you, I would seriously consider getting a different phone number. (BTW my number, if the last two digits are transposed, belongs to a local restaurant.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back