Personal injury lawyer needed.

Maria Vaughan

Jurisdiction
Virginia
Good morning, I'm not asking for myself. But my neighbor long story short the apartment. She's lived in for years. There was a flood that happened under the sink in the kitchen. That just spreaded Brett is a cat getting bigger, she cleaned up. That would rectify the problem it did not.She did notify the lansport as she noticed black spots on her wall and he just did old school write down Turns out she had mold in her home for a while Made her sicker. She passed out went to the Doctor notified the city landlord got citations behind. Not do the proper cleaning for mold. Now she has long issues from the mode. I'm looking for a lawyer that's able to help her. On this lawsuit because she did go to legal aid. They told her she needed a personal injury lawyer.

Good morning, I'm not asking for myself. But my neighbor long story short the apartment. She's lived in for years. There was a flood that happened under the sink in the kitchen. That just spreaded Brett is a cat getting bigger, she cleaned up. That would rectify the problem it did not.She did notify the lansport as she noticed black spots on her wall and he just did old school write down Turns out she had mold in her home for a while Made her sicker. She passed out went to the Doctor notified the city landlord got citations behind. Not do the proper cleaning for mold. Now she has long issues from the mode. I'm looking for a lawyer that's able to help her. On this lawsuit because she did go to legal aid. They told her she needed a personal injury lawyer.
Your post is next to incomprehensible.... but the bottom line is we are not a referral service, and your friend can go to their State Bar Association for referrals.

This is not a referral service and reputable attorneys do not troll message boards looking for clients. You cannot find representation on a message board. In addition to the State Bar Association you might also try your local Legal Aide and any law schools in your area.

They told her she needed a personal injury lawyer.

That's the kind of lawyer she needs. The vast majority of personal injury (PI) lawyers will provide a free initial consultation so it'll just take a bit of her time to talk to some attorneys. She should probably see two or three of them to hear their evaluation as their analysis or tolerance for risk may differ. If she truly has a good case, she'll likely find an attorney out of the ones she contacts willing to take the case.

I didn't see in your post (which, as others noted, is a bit garbled, perhaps from typing the message on a cell phone) what actually caused the flooding. That's going to be important to determining where any fault would lie and who is the person responsible for the damages.

If she's still living in a mold contaminated residence, she needs to look for a new place to live. Once she became aware of the mold problem she starts to bear the risk of health problems that she suffers after that because she's electing to stay in that environment. She won't be compensated for that in a lawsuit and, more importantly, no lawsuit will restore the damage to her health caused by continuing to live there. Her health needs to be her top priority. If she's lived there a long time she may be afraid of moving to someplace she's not familiar with. In that case, she may need help to encourage her to move.

I suggest she contact the VA Division for Aging Services as one resource that may be able to help her both in dealing with the landlord and with getting her placed in a safer environment.

Back