Paypal has helped someone flat-out steal from me. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangrMaus

Back in December I had sold a game on Ebay to someone for around 55 bucks. They even left good feedback for me on EBay. A few months later I get a message from Paypal saying that the buyer filed with their credit card company that the charges were unauthorized, and that they're holding that amount until the issue is resolved.

I emailed Paypal back explaining my position, also sending a copy of the letter to the buyer. Paypal did not reply, but the buyer did, saying that the claim was a mistake and that she had gotten several of them and had to clear it up with Paypal and that everything would be ok.

Ok, so in the meantime Paypal held my money and gave only canned responses to my emails to them. The bitch is that on the paypal website it claims that I did not respond to emails. I never received anything from them until yesterday, when they sent me a message saying the case was closed and they're taking my money.

The buyer used Ebay and Paypal, then left good feedback, and also admitted it was a mix up. I have evidence to support that the money is legally and rightfully mine.

Paypal stole from me anyway. I lose the game and the money. What can I do?

Proof of delivery to show Paypal would help. Call their customer service and find out what you need to do. And in future, beware of using Paypal, as they do have a reputation for making things difficult for sellers.

I do, actually. I still have the email sent out by UPS with the tracking info on it confirming delivery. I also have good feedback from the buyer on Ebay as a result of them getting the package.

I'm really upset about this, I know its just 55 bucks, but I don't want to get walked on.

I want to make this the most expensive 55 dollars paypal and the buyer have ever stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back