PayPal Dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahd

I have a buyer on eBay who won two vintage Barbies from me. They sold for 24.67 on August 20th. I sent her items on September 3, and a day later, she filed a claim on PayPal, saying that she never received her items. She is holding this claim against me, I know that she has the items, and even if she doesn't, I never claimed responsibility for items lost through the mail on the auction page. PayPal won't take my receipt from the post office as proof that I deserve my money. I want either my money or my items back, and no one seems to be able to do that for me. Is she obligated to return my items, or pay for them? How can't I convince PayPal or eBay of this? She just keeps lying to both of them. It's clear to me that she it trying to scam me, but eBay and/or PayPal give her the benefit of the doubt, just because she is a buyer and not a seller.

I've attached link to the scanned receipt. It doesn't have a tracking number on it, but it does have a Bill# on it. I realize that it's not standard, but if they really were to investigate, couldn't they look up the Bill# and see that it's valid? The thing is, I don't understand why delivery is the big issue. Shouldn't it just be shipment? I sent it. Whether it got there or not, that shouldn't be my responsibility should it? If I never said on my auction page anything about refunding money if items were lost in the mail, how is it my fault?

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/stfusarahhh/scan0001.jpg

The problem with your receipt is that it says a package was mailed to a city, state and zip code but it doesn't have an address listed. There is not even proof that the package you sent was addressed to the buyer. You can easily do this by getting a certificate of mailing. If you're afraid of the costs of shipping being not enticing to buyers, well, it's a cost of doing business on eBay that you have to accept or you are agreeing to take risks just like this situation.

With regard to eBay, which used improperly can be the world's worst lure to purchase products, you should always put the shipping costs at a price that includes a certifiable method of delivery, e.g. a signature. If the item is a high cost item then I'd also get insurance too. eBay entices people to believe that they can easily get far below market rate prices (chances are this is a scam) and that people are generally honest (especially when recourse is against a seller who is thousands of miles away.) If you're selling, you must get proof of delivery. If you're buying, you must never send cash until delivery (or use a credit card.) And if you're thinking of buying high ticket items... be ULTRA careful before even considering this. Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back