Domestic Violence & Civil Orders Out of State Arrest Warrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooper2341

Jurisdiction
Georgia
This also Involves Texas Jurisdiction.

My Ex Lives in Texas, I live in Utah, and in Georgia there is a PPO. I called the Military Police at Ft Hood Texas for a welfare check trying to locate my children. (She's Been Blocking My Time with them)

Because there is a Permanent Protective Order, the ex asked the MP's to violate me on that order. When they would not. She contacted the Sheriff's Office where the order was written. They are running with the charges in Georgia, therefore they have issued an arrest warrant for me.

I have reached out to the courts trying to get the process started, and the only way they will allow me to answer these charges is to travel across the country, and turn myself in and wait in Jail for trial.

Is there some kind of jurisdiction loop hole in Georgia that allows them to make me face charges for a crime that didn't happen in the state?

This also Involves Texas Jurisdiction.

My Ex Lives in Texas, I live in Utah, and in Georgia there is a PPO. I called the Military Police at Ft Hood Texas for a welfare check trying to locate my children. (She's Been Blocking My Time with them)

Because there is a Permanent Protective Order, the ex asked the MP's to violate me on that order. When they would not. She contacted the Sheriff's Office where the order was written. They are running with the charges in Georgia, therefore they have issued an arrest warrant for me.

I have reached out to the courts trying to get the process started, and the only way they will allow me to answer these charges is to travel across the country, and turn myself in and wait in Jail for trial.

Is there some kind of jurisdiction loop hole in Georgia that allows them to make me face charges for a crime that didn't happen in the state?
You need a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back