One more day....

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Texas
If the guy had waited one more day.

He went to Ft. Leavenworth under a UCMJ charge.

That conviction was overturned on appeal.

Mope was owed about $65,000, but got antsy.

Called Ft. Hood, threatened to go on a killing spree.

Here's the rest of his sad, unnecessary story:

Former soldier who threatened killings sentenced to 18 months

OMG what a moron!!! He should realize that the Army takes FOREVER to pay soldiers when they owe them money. But they'll sure snatch that shit quick when a soldier owes the Army.

Wow. Just wow. How did I miss hearing about this? I would think this would have been all over USAWTF or something. Just shaking my head.

OMG what a moron!!! He should realize that the Army takes FOREVER to pay soldiers when they owe them money. But they'll sure snatch that shit quick when a soldier owes the Army.

Wow. Just wow. How did I miss hearing about this? I would think this would have been all over USAWTF or something. Just shaking my head.

Hell, I live right near Ft. Hood, and visit it several times a month.

I don't remember the incident, but I could have just missed it.

A few of us retired JAGS get together a couple times a month and a guy mentioned it to the group over breakfast at a local diner.

I now call it my "one more day story".

That's the biggest WTF right there. I just - wow. There's not even words to describe the reaction to this.

I know his lawyer at the time.
He had been told to chill, his money was coming.
He was free awaiting his administrative release, and just went nuts that day.
He should have been told his money would be ready the next day.
The Major he spoke with is said to a bit of rank thrower, and felt disrespected by the guy's call.

Life is full of those "what should I do moments", but most people tend to make the poor choice.

I could regale you with stories far more tragic, for instance, Major Nidal; the CONVICTED original Fort Hood shooter.

His original civilian lawyer was also a retired JAG.
He attends out little coffee fests occasionally.
He and I are friends because of our JAG backgrounds and his contact with me at a courthouse where I fulfill my duties (now and then) as a retired Texas District Court Judge.
If I ever needed a criminal defense lawyer, he'd be one of three I'd contact.

You may remember him advocating for Nidal shortly after the shootings occurred on the various cable news outlets.
One of Nidal's brother is a lawyer, and retained my friend as Nidal's first lawyer.
Why?
I can't comment further, as I was brought in to consult because I prosecuted, defended, and tried several capital murder crimes under the UCMJ.

Frankly, for a post of its size, Fort Hood has fewer crimes than the others in the five largest army posts.

Back on point, I could relate a new WTF UCMJ incident everyday and not run out of them. :D

Hell, I live right near Ft. Hood, and visit it several times a month.

I used to live there in Copperas Cove. I finished high school there and lived there a few more years after I left the Marine Corps.
Every time California does something stupid it makes me want to move back there just a little more.

I used to live there in Copperas Cove. I finished high school there and lived there a few more years after I left the Marine Corps.
Every time California does something stupid it makes me want to move back there just a little more.

Come on back, life is so much better.
Have you got enough time to retire?
You'd get hired by Coryell, Bell, Lampassas, or any of these sheriff departments.
You could even get on with one of the cities or towns.
There are college police forces, County Constables, even school district police.
Fort Hood even has DoD Federal Police, plus the army MPs.
Cove has grown amazingly, but still a nice little place with not too many crazies.
Fort Hood has about 35,000 troops, down from 100,000 10 years ago.

Back