okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopfrogg

I have a few questions about certain options that I have been given recently but please do not judge me on this, i am already feeling bad enough thinking about it. oh and by the way...confused but the jurisdiction thing up there...i'm a citizen of wisconsin but currently in north carolina. or would it be military jurisdiction?

here is the story, I am a marine and was stationed out in okinawa for 2 years until I finally left in february. About the end of january for about 2 weeks I was in a relationship with a female in the air force on the other side of the island. This woman had previously told me before we had any encounter that she was on birth control, and the first night which would have to be the night of conseption, i also asked her if i needed to use a condom, or also use the pull out method and i would have usually gone with option number 1. but of course, the sucker i am, i trusted her. the following weekend she had told me that she was not on the pill, and that she might be prego...which was a shock to me because i didn't think i had such super sperm to get someone prego in a week. and i figured two points to that situation, one, it's really awkward that exactly a week from our first time she decides to tell me that she's not on the pill, and two, she got prego pretty damn fast.
Our relationship ended the following weekend from her making assuptions because i couldn't stand her, she treated me very poorly, but during our last weekend together she took a pregnancy test and is in fact prego.
The first question that I need to ask is...would that be considered entrapment

To continue on...I hope you are bored. We had various mood swings from her about me being in it's life than not, about me being with her again than not, about having my last name than not, and about me being in the babies life...which i didn't change my mind about until recently. Right now I am in a place where I cannot afford a child, and I am also with one of the most deployed units in the marine corps. I do not believe that I will be able to be in the childs life unless I get married which i am soon planning, or unless i switch to a different unit. I am wondering what the custody issues would be there since I am unfit at the moment to be a parent, and how I can either keep my child support lowered, or possibly avoid paying it...i sound like a jerk but i really would like to know. thank you for your time, hopefully someone can help me work this stuff out.

There is no way to get out of paying support. If she files for it, paternity will need to be established and she is entitled to support. Sorry there is no way out of it.

It seems she lied to you about her being on b/c and possibly tricked you, but unfortunately un;ess Japan has reproductive laws that protect men, there is no way to get out of paying support. If Japan is part of the Hague Convention, then any child support order from the US will be enforced there.

what about half custody, would that garentee that i see the child almost whenever i would like and possibly have a low child support wage? oh yeah, she already stated to me that all she wants is a paycheck...but from the first time that we were together and how many weeks she is don't add up. thanks for replying though, if you re read this that is.

You need to get a DNA test then. I am not sure how family law works in Japan or the US military. Do you have access to JAG? Maybe you should ask them. Soldiers get women pregnant all over the world all the time, there must be some policy in place. If the baby is proven to be yours, then you are entitled to see the child once an order is in place.

Not a foreign nationale

Just for clarification, the female was not a foreign national but a female on active duty in the Airforce according to poster"s post. Definately get DNA results and don't do anything or sign anything until you do. Where ever you are stationed overseas the post is considered American soil and so you are governed by American laws. I may be wrong but probably the place she gives birth will be the jurisdiction, not the place the child was conceived. I don't know of any product on the market that can tell a woman she is pregnant one week after conception. I hope in the future you will always wear a condom whether or not the female in question is on birth control simply for the possibility of STDs! You didn't even know her and you're asking her what you should use to protect yourself? You don't even know if the child is yours and your talking about custody issues? It all sounds really peculiar overall. JAG won't handle civil cases such as paternity but the military health care system may do the DNA testing since you are both military. Is she in the states now or still overseas? Is she getting out of the airforce? If she refuses a DNA test then get a lawyer and contest paternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back