Non custodial parent out of state

Scorpio0823

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Child in question is primarily in PA with father. Mother moved away before properly filing the relocation petition so father was granted custody at mediation.
Mother seems to think she has 50/50 custody and that if he cannot pay to fly her home after the end of her summer visit, mother will be forced to establish child down in FL and start her in school. Nothing in order about who pays. Will be modifying.
How in the world does she think she can do that if child resides primarily in PA?
Father has primary physical custody and mother is partial physical custody as follows and lists her times. Summer and Xmas.

How in the world does she think she can do that if child resides primarily in PA?

She's mentally challenged, maybe.
She's delusional, maybe.
My guesses are as useless as yours.

I suggest you take the Matter to court in PA, your state.
Get the judge to rule, then go get your kid.
I doubt the deadbeat will pay to return the child.
If you do nothing, sooner or later, her state will be bamboozled into taking jurisdiction.

See a lawyer MONDAY.

Our lawyer is taking care of everything. She's refusing to pay to have child get home. So we have to get her home and then take action on Monday. If she doesn't put the child on the airplane at said date then she is in contempt and she will be forced to send child home. We were going to just file the contempt but the child I'll miss about a month of school by the time it gets to court and posted. So were going to have to buy the ticket. She also doesn't know that she's going to have to pay an unaccompanied fee when she takes the child in. Its going to be a huge fight when that happens. Each airline has a different fee.. $50,$100 or $150. I think its obsurd that we would be ordered to pay half of all travel expenses when SHES the one that left.

So about 80-160 for a plane ticket then anywhere from an exrtra 50-150 on top of that for the fee. With about 200 a month on child support that MIGHT get paid that month.

So about 80-160 for a plane ticket then anywhere from an exrtra 50-150 on top of that for the fee. With about 200 a month on child support that MIGHT get paid that month.

Forget the money, deadbeats never pay.
You, on the other hand, care.
Pay for your child to be returned home, because the deadbeat won't.
In fact, buy a ticket, take your court orders, ask the police to meet you at the deadbeat's hovel, and go get the kid.
The deadbeat is out of your state.
It'll take weeks, often months, before the court can do anything, if it does more than issue more orders for the deadbeat to ignore.

However, her actions will help you, while eventually hurting her.

Back